Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Eine Maus in meinem Haus!

Ja!

So last night I was woken up by a little rustling noise. My first thought was, "It's a fucking mouse. A FUCKING MOUSE. IN MY ROOM." So I jolted up, turned on the light and searched for evidence. There was totally nothing there, so I tried to go back to sleep. But then I heard it again. This happened 3 times, but I couldn't find anything. I was totally freaked out because mice are gross, so I couldn't sleep very well.

I did manage to get back to sleep for but a short time before being woken up again, this time by Lydia freaking out because the mouse was under her bed, for reals! I don't blame the girl for freaking... that shit is disturbing.

Apparently, there was only one mouse and it is now dead, thanks to the cat and is now awaiting burial at the hands of the landlord because you know neither of us are going anywhere NEAR that business.

This happens pretty much once a year, usually in the winter. It is downright terrifying and every time it happens I think that I need to move to a mouse free zone. If only mouse free zones were cheaper... *sigh*

PS: Prior to the mouse incident (which I think was expertly handled by miss Erin) we had a lovely time doing the main street tea crawl with Brie! You should probably visit that link so that you can read her post all about it and see the photographic evidence, as I am much too tired to post it myself at the moment. This is what happens when you have a mouse and you have to get up early. But anyways, go there!

No comments: